Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Candles for any event

I have Halloween on the brain.  And this year, my neighbor is hosting the party so I don't even get to put any of these fun ideas to use.  This idea, however, I think I could do really easily and really quickly.

I might even have the paper on hand.  And the ribbon for that matter because I'm that kind of girl.

Anyway, take a basic colored candle, wrap it with some festive scrapbook patterned paper, and then add a coordinating ribbon.  Finish it off with some sort of detail, in this case, the plastic spider, but buttons or even just the right sticker would work.  Definitely fun for Halloween, but it could also be used for any sort of party.  Patterned paper comes in so many crazy patterns and colors that you could make these candles to add a little something to any party you host.

2 comments:

  1. I just started collecting buckets of different colors to be prepared. Now I'm going to have to be prepared with candles too?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, that's the beauty. Just white candles. Change the paper to match the party...but you can always use just white candles.

    ReplyDelete